COVIDMINDER reveals the regional disparities in outcomes, determinants, and mediations of the COVID-19 pandemic. Outcomes are the direct effects of COVID-19. Social and Economic Determinants are pre-existing risk factors that impact COVID-19 outcomes. Mediations are resources and programs used to combat the pandemic.
COVIDMINDER analysis and visualizations are by students and staff of The Rensselaer Institute for Data Exploration and Applications at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with generous support from the United Health Foundation.
COVIDMINDER is an open source project implemented on the R Shiny platform; see the COVIDMINDER github for more information.
COVIDMINDER was directed by Kristin P. Bennett and John S. Erickson.
- PLEASE NOTE:
This application is the result of the efforts of students at Rensselaer’s Data INCITE Lab. It is presented here to showcase the talents of our students. The application may not meet all of the standards one might expect of a production commercial product.
- COVIDMINDER live app: https://inciteprojects.idea.rpi.edu/apps/covidminder/
- COVIDMINDER github: https://github.com/TheRensselaerIDEA/COVIDMINDER
- Data Analytics Research (MATP-4910 Fall 2020) Final Presentation Video
COVIDMINDER in the News
- Kristin Bennett discusses COVIDMINDER. WAMC Academic Minute (December 2020)
- Sara Heath, Data Tool Maps How Social Determinants of Health Affect COVID-19. In PatientEngagementHIT (Xtelligent Healthcare Media). (April 13, 2020)