Welcome to RPIrates: The RPI R Users Group! We are a growing community --- over 300 subscribers! --- of students, faculty and staff at Rensselaer who gather virtually and in person to support each others' use of the R open source analytics platform. In semi-weekly meetings we explain useful packages, share "feats of strength," and of course "air grievances!"
During the Fall and Spring semester we have monthly in-person RPIrates meetings, usually the first Weds evening of the month in AE217. We also have an RPIrates email list through which we share information and ask questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2020 Schedule: We will be holding monthly RPIrates meetings starting Weds, 15 Jan 2020. These meetings are open to anyone interested, but some will focus on specific packages and techniques of interest to this term's MATP-4400: Intro to Data Math course.
|01/15/2020||6p/AE217||Spring 2020 RPIrates Kick-off|
|Suspended due to campus
"social distancing" policy
Upcoming RPI R Bootcamps! Approximately twice/year IDEA hosts an R Bootcamp. These are two- or three-day, day-long, intensive,interactive deep-dives in the R language and platform, structured to accommodate the needs of the RPI research community.
|Aug 2020||TBD||IDEA, Lally School|
Helpful R Resources
- R for Data Science (Hadley Wickham, Garrett Grolemund)
- The guide to the tidyverse
- The recommended text for IDEA's INCITE courses!
- R Cheatsheets (from R Studio): https://www.rstudio.com/resources/cheatsheets/
- R Studio Online Learning Resources: https://www.rstudio.com/online-learning/
- DataCamp Online Courses: https://www.datacamp.com/courses/free-introduction-to-r
- RPI R Bootcamp (github): https://github.com/TheRensselaerIDEA/r-bootcamp-2018-rpi
Sign up for the RPI R Users email list (currently over 300 subscribers)!