Welcome to RPIrates: The RPI R Users Group! We are a growing community --- over 300 subscribers! --- of students, faculty and staff at Rensselaer who gather virtually and in person to support each others' use of the R open source analytics platform. In semi-weekly meetings we explain useful packages, share "feats of strength," and of course "air grievances!"
During the Fall and Spring semester we have monthly in-person RPIrates meetings, usually the first Weds evening of the month in AE217. We also have an RPIrates email list through which we share information and ask questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2020 Schedule: We hope be holding monthly "virutal" RPIrates meetings during the Fall 2020 term. These meetings are open to anyone interested, but some will focus on specific packages and techniques of interest to this term's MATP-4910: Data Analytics Research course.
Upcoming RPI R Bootcamps! Approximately twice/year IDEA hosts an R Bootcamp. These are two- or three-day, day-long, intensive,interactive deep-dives in the R language and platform, structured to accommodate the needs of the RPI research community.
Helpful R Resources
- R for Data Science (Hadley Wickham, Garrett Grolemund)
- The guide to the tidyverse
- The recommended text for IDEA's INCITE courses!
- R Cheatsheets (from R Studio): https://www.rstudio.com/resources/cheatsheets/
- R Studio Online Learning Resources: https://www.rstudio.com/online-learning/
- DataCamp Online Courses: https://www.datacamp.com/courses/free-introduction-to-r
- RPI R Bootcamp (github): https://github.com/TheRensselaerIDEA/r-bootcamp-2018-rpi
Sign up for the RPI R Users email list (currently over 300 subscribers)!