BlockIot is an interoperable, and decentralized way to connect medical Internet of Things (IoT) devices and Electronic Healthcare Records (EHR) systems.
Here are some of its key features:
- It uses a blockchain to ensure transparency and immutability
- It integrates with the Fast Health Interoperable of Resources to ensure interoperability
- It uses smart contracts to enable trust
- "Collaboratively Learning Optimal Patient Outcomes Using Smart Contracts in Limited Data Settings." Manan Shukla, Jianjing Lin, Oshani Seneviratne. IEEE/ACM international conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems and Engineering Technologies (CHASE) 2022
- "Blockchain and IoT Enhanced Clinical Workflow." Manan Shukla, Jianjing Lin, Oshani Seneviratne. International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Medicine. Springer, Cham, 2022.
- “BlockIoT-RETEL: Blockchain and IoT Based Read-Execute-Transact-Erase-Loop Environment for Integrating Personal Health Data.” Manan Shukla, Jianjing Lin, Oshani Seneviratne. IEEE Blockchain Conference 2021. [slides | video]
- “BlockIoT: Blockchain-based Health Data Integration using IoT Devices.” Manan Shukla, Jianjing Lin, Oshani Seneviratne. American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) Annual Conference 2021. [slides | video]
- "Simplifying Complex Healthcare Needs with Blockchain and the Internet of Medical Things"; Oshani Seneviratne, Manan Shukla, and Jianjing Lin; CHI '22 Workshop | Designing Ecosystems for Complex Health Needs
- “Personal Health Data Integration and Intelligence through Semantic Web and Blockchain Technologies”; Oshani Seneviratne, Manan Shukla, and Jianjing Lin; International Workshop on AI in Health: Transferring and Integrating Knowledge for Better Health 2021 at KDD
- "IoT and Blockchain for Personal Health Knowledge Graph Creation"; Manan Shukla, Jianjing Lin and Oshani Seneviratne; Personal Health Knowledge Graph Workshop at the Knowledge Graph Conference 2021