Welcome to RPIrates: The RPI R Users Group! We are a growing community --- over 350 subscribers! --- of students, faculty and staff at Rensselaer who gather virtually and in person to support each others' use of the R open source analytics platform. In semi-weekly meetings we explain useful packages, share "feats of strength," and of course "air grievances!"
During the Fall and Spring semester we have monthly in-person RPIrates meetings, usually the first Weds evening of the month in AE217; during COVID we are meeting virtually, via Webex or Zoom. We also have an RPIrates email list through which we share information and ask questions: email@example.com
Fall 2022 Schedule: During the Fall 2022 term we will be holding monthly RPIrates meetings at 6p on the first Wednesday of each month in AE217, with pizza and salad!
RPIrates and Data INCITE Tutorials: Watch for our growing list of R tutorials!
- Intro to RStudio Server on the IDEA Cluster (Jan 2021)
- Rock your Dataviz World with ggplot2! (Feb 2021)
- Welcome to the tidyverse! (Feb 2021)
Ask us about RPI R Bootcamps! Occasionally the Rensselaer IDEA will host an R Bootcamp. These are two- or three-day, day-long, intensive,interactive deep-dives in the R language and platform, structured to accommodate the needs of the RPI research community.
Amazing R Feats-of-Strength by RPI R Users
- See the Data INCITE projects page for a growing list and details
Helpful R Resources
- Accessing the IDEA Compute Cluster (for IDEA and Data INCITE users)
- R for Data Science (Hadley Wickham, Garrett Grolemund)
- The guide to the tidyverse
- The recommended text for IDEA's INCITE courses!
- R Cheatsheets (from R Studio): https://www.rstudio.com/resources/cheatsheets/
- R Cheatsheets (from Data INCITE):
- Matrix Algebra in R (PDF)
- R Studio Online Learning Resources: https://www.rstudio.com/online-learning/
- DataCamp Online Courses: https://www.datacamp.com/courses/free-introduction-to-r
- RPI R Bootcamp (github): https://github.com/TheRensselaerIDEA/r-bootcamp-2018-rpi
Sign up for the RPI R Users email list (currently over 350 subscribers)!